Members of the Sanford Fire Department joined in the trivia fun and spiced up the competition with some heated taunts.
SFD #1 got off to a slow start, scoring just 15 points in the first two rounds, compared to the 24 points posted by SFD #2. But SFD #1 had the last laugh, going on to finish the final two rounds in 3rd place with 66 points. Meanwhile SFD #2 scored a meager 21 points over the final two rounds.
Under the Radar and Dirty Dixies won the free rounds of beer.
Trivial tidbits from the night included:
- A funambulist is better known as a tight rope walker.
- A vomitorium is an opening in a stadium or theater which allows large numbers of people to enter or leave.
- The first Little League game took place on June 6, 1939. Lundy Lumber defeated Lycoming Dairy, 23-8, in the very first Little League game. The date was June 6, 1939. Despite the opening day loss, Lycoming Dairy went on to win the league championship.
- Under the Radar – 113 points
- Dirty Dixies – 111
- Chasin’ Trivia – 101
- Dude Where’s My Answer? – 84
- Squelch – 81
- Sanford Fire Department #1 – 81
- Hoof-Hearted – 79
- The Amigos – 72
- Simple Minded – 60
- Sanford Fire Department #2 – 45
- Sponge Worthy – 31
- Team Flower Power Friendship – 23