It’s the Christmas season, and we all know what that means — bad gifts from loved ones and co-workers.

We’ve all been there. According to USA Today, 70 percent of Americans re-gift. The other 30 percent lie. Think about it, the fruitcake was the original regift item. Now cheap Chinese crap from Wal-Mart has replaced the humble fruitcake.

Of course, it’s always an awkward moment if you get caught regifting, so Dan The Man has a solution for you. During the holidays, if you receive NUTS (Needless, Useless or Tasteless Stuff), set them aside and bring them to trivia on Jan. 6. Your NUTS will be used for trivia prizes. And if you have birthday NUTS, or any other kind of NUTS, bring those, too. I’m calling it Operation NUTS Removal.

Any one who brings in NUTS will earn 1 bonus point for their team. Each team can earn a MAXIMUM of 4 bonus points.

A few guidelines:

  • Your NUTS must be small enough to fit in a shoe box.
  • Your NUTS can be hideous and ugly, but they must be new, or at least in near mint condition. No used NUTS.
  • No private/perverted NUTS. If you would not be willing to talk with your grandma about your NUTS, then leave them at home.

Now that I’ve got the 7th-grade humor out of my system, here’s some more regift trivia. According to USA Today survey, respondents said they were most likely to regift an item to:

  • A co-worker 25 percent of the time
  • A family member 22 percent of the time
  • A service person 20 percent of the time
  • A neighbor 12 percent of the time
  • A close friend 8 percent of the time.

Put another way, 1 in 5 of your family members is NUTS, but less than 1 in 10 of your close friends are.  =>

Advertisements