Squelch had sliced the Dixies’ lead to 14 points after the first two rounds (earning the team a free round of beer), but a strong performance by the Dixies in the last two rounds gave the team an easy margin of victory.
For the third straight week, Zoinks! racked up a free round of beer and did well enough to leapfrog Squelch to finish in second place for the month.
The Palmetto Bugs, Guys & Dolls and I Am John Gault had solid performances, and the Golden Girls Tribute Band made up in enthusiasm what they lacked in points.
Trivial tidbits from the night included:
- The first Rolls Royce sold for $600 in 1906.
- Married couples argue 66 percent of the time they go into a video store.
- The first vending machines were put to use in the first century AD and dispensed Holy Water.
Final Standings for July:
- Dirty Dixies – 460 points
- Zoinks! – 437
- Squelch – 431
- Palmetto Bugs – 420
- Guys & Dolls – 329
- I Am John Gault – 293
- Golden Girls Tribute Band – 179
- We’re Kinda New Forgive Us – 71
- Fubars – 59
- Ball & Dolls – 57
- Happy Freakin’ Birthday Mo – 57
- Dr. Fünke’s 100% All Natural Good-Time Family Band Solution – 36
- Beer Bong – 31
- Blacksheep – 12
- Demings – 11