A nice crowd showed up for trivia Wednesday night, and an old champion regained its form.
Squelch scored well in both trivia matches, winning the free round of beer in each round and finishing the night with 94 points. That’s enough to put the team in the lead after the first week of the Quiz Cash contest.
But three teams are nipping at Squelch’s heels and two others are within easy striking distance. It appears teams are no longer intimidated by 2-time champion Squelch and plan to mount a spirited campaign to claim the $150 cash prize.
Among the more interesting tidbits from the night:
- London’s Royal Opera House plans to produce an opera based on the life of the late Anna Nicole Smith.
- Marine experts in Europe gave Rubik’s Cubes to 25 octopuses to ease their stress levels in captivity and determine if the animals have a favorite tentacle.
- All the beds in the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas have more sheets than a standard ream of paper (144 sheets) or a 12-pack of Charma Ultra mega rolls (4,800 sheets). The MGM Grand has 5,034 rooms.
April Quiz Cash standings:
- Squelch – 94 points
- Outsiders – 90 points
- Hot Sauce – 90 points
- Suck It Trebek – 83 points
- Benjamin Linus and the Workmen – 77 points
- Guys & Dolls – 74 points
- Chicago or Bust – 54 points
- April Drools – 36 points
- Going John Galt – 23 points